Are you looking forward to purchase batik clothes? Then a variety of options are available in the market for you to consider. Out of these options, hand wax resist batik (Beeswax) made in Sri Lanka has received much attention. The quality of batik has contributed a lot towards the above-mentioned fact. Hence, it is important for all people to have a clear understanding about why they need to go ahead with hand wax resist batik made in Sri Lanka.
What countries manufacture batik clothes?
Batik clothes are made in many different countries out there in the world. Sri Lanka and Indonesia are perfect examples for such countries. However, there is a variation in between the process of manufacturing batik in these countries. If you are planning to spend your money on batik, it is important for you to have a clear understanding about these differences. Then you will be able to end up purchasing the right product, which matches with your preferences.
Why you should stick to handmade batik from Sri Lanka?
As mentioned earlier, the process of manufacturing batik differs from one country to another. In countries like Indonesia, stamp batik clothes are produced. This is not the best variant of batik available in the market for you to choose from. Therefore, you need to be careful to purchase batik made in countries such as Sri Lanka. Then you will get the opportunity to purchase genuine hand wax resist batik for the amount you spend.
What qualities can you see in Sri Lankan hand wax resist batik?
- When you take Sri Lankan hand wax resist batik to your hand, you can’t really tell that they are made front from the back. You will be able to see how the dye has gone throughout the cloth. As a result, you will be able to see an indistinguishable pattern on both sides of the batik clothes. Most of the people use this parameter to figure out how hand wax resist batik looks like.
- Sri Lankan hand wax resist batik is imperfectly perfect. The patterns that you can find on the cloth aren’t perfect and you will be able to find smudges. This can be considered as a unique form of art, which is sought after by people who are interested in purchasing batik clothes. This unique art cannot be experienced from stamp batik clothes. Due to the hand wax resist batik technique, every single piece of clothing is made to look different from each other. No two batik clothes would look the same.
- The hand wax resist batik cloths would smell like wax. The process that is being used to manufacture these clothes are responsible for delivering such a smell. It is one of the most effective methods available to identify hand wax resist batik as well.
- Colors that you will be able to see in a hand wax resist batik cloth would fade along with time. As a result, the cloth will get a vintage look. However, the textile would remain alive for a long period of time and you don’t need to keep any doubts in your mind. But you must expect the colors to change along with time. This can deliver a unique experience to you.
- Usually, it will be possible for you to purchase an entire hand wax resist batik sarong instead of a piece of clothing per meter. That’s because entire sarongs are usually made due to the complexity associated with the manufacturing process.
Are they worth the price?
If you look at hand wax resist batik clothes available in the market, you would realize that they are expensive when compared to stamp batiks. As a result, you wound wonder whether you can get anything special out of the amount that you pay. If you look at the above-mentioned qualities of hand wax resist batik made in Sri Lanka, you would realize how different they are from the other types of batik that you can purchase from the market.
The hand wax resist batik clothes are entirely prepared by hand. Therefore, it can be considered as a time-consuming process as well. For the people in Sri Lanka who manufacture batik clothes, it is not just another piece of art on a cloth. It is a form of an art that they deep dive into. Only a talented individual will be able to manufacture these clothes. It is never an easy task to create those unique patterns on the cloth. All batik workers must work according to their tradition to give life to these amazing clothes. Now you know why hand wax resist batik clothes manufactured in Sri Lanka are marked at a higher price tag.
As you can see, Sri Lanka is the best country in the world that manufactures the best hand wax resist batik clothes. Therefore, all people who are looking forward to purchase batik clothes can look at the products manufactured in Sri Lanka. It is true that you will have to spend additional money out of your pocket to purchase these clothes. However, benefits offered to you by these clothes are totally worth when compared to the amount you pay.
You can even purchase high quality Sri Lankan batiks online. All people who are planning to buy batiks can therefore look at it.